I thought I’d try some fabric printing to use as the base for my embroidery. Out with the dog again, I collected some sections of bark that were lying along the path. Once the bark had dried a bit I set to work with the printing. I really enjoyed doing this – lovely to mess around with paints for a change! I concentrated on shades of green and grey and used plain cotton and a thinner polyester net curtain fabric to print on.
I used acrylic paints which gave the fabric a coarse texture I really liked. A great discovery while printing – using an old clear plastic book jacket I rolled paint directly on to it and scratched out in reverse the classic Initials in a heart shape tree carving,
Once it had dried I layered up some fabric and got stitching:
I liked this design but it just wasn’t grabbing me so I left the project for a week to give it a bit more thought…